Around 45% of high end Pattaya properties are being purchased by international investors. But why is Pattaya, once a small fishing village, one of the world’s most popular property hotspots? And why should you consider investing in a Pattaya property?
Here are just some of the many things this picturesque area of East Thailand has to offer an astute property investor.
1. Pattaya properties are very affordable. A contemporary new build condominium in a prime Pattaya location can be purchased for significantly less than the market value of an equivalent home anywhere in the United Kingdom. This makes Pattaya real estate ideal for first time investors looking to get the most out of their investment capital.
2. A Pattaya property can achieve a rental return as high as 10%, which is an attractive prospect for any investor. Furthermore although the time of year does affect the tourist industry to some extent, with November to April offering the most desirable holidaying conditions, the success of buy to let Pattaya real estate is not reliant on high seasons. The ongoing infrastructure investment in nearby airports, roads, and railways is securing interest in the area from both tourists and non-tourists, and is driving capital growth for property investors.
3. Pattaya properties have a huge amount of potential for capital growth and a proven track record. Only forty years ago Pattaya was very different to what it is today, but since then even the rapid level of property development the area has seen has been struggling to keep up with the demand. Unlike in Hua Hin high-rise buildings are still permitted on beachfront land in Pattaya, and it is these developments which are the most popular. There is, however, a limited supply of beachfront and waterfront land, which is rapidly being exhausted. These properties are therefore well positioned for significant capital growth in the near future.
4. Pattaya investments are very secure. When considering a property investment, the security of that investment is always going to be a concern. The Pattaya real estate market is a rarity in this respect, in that it is largely a cash market. It for this reason that the property market was able to weather the recent financial crisis with relative ease, making a Pattaya property the perfect investment to complement any existing portfolio.
5. Pattaya is an exciting city with a lot to offer. It is no secret that property investors are primarily motivated by the prospect of a healthy amount of profit, and a significant return on their investment. But there’s no shame in enjoying your investment, and with a buy to let holiday home in Pattaya it would be difficult not to. Experience the exciting all hours energy of the city or relax on the beach before returning to your home from home in the land of smiles.
Investors considering a Pattaya property are looking for something that their home countries don’t have to offer. At New World Property Investment our experts have put together an exciting selection of Pattaya properties in close proximity to the city centre and the beautiful sandy beaches for which the area is known.
To celebrate the New Year we have a special offer on all our Pattaya properties. For a limited time only we’re excited to be able to give you a massive 20% off on all our properties in Pattaya, including both those which are currently under development and those which are ready for you to move in to. Contact us today to find out more.
Update March 2017: We no longer offer properties in Pattaya, but for those looking to invest in property abroad we have some exciting properties available in Dubai and a range of USA property investment opportunities.